Sub domain :
Starting date :
01/10/2022 (5 months)
Who we are
The Directorate-General for Translation (DG TRAD) provides the European Parliament with translation services for its written or electronic communication in all official languages of the European Union.
Our mission is:
- To make available in all official and working languages all documents relating to Parliament’s role as co-legislator and one of the two arms of the budgetary authority, in order to ensure the legitimacy and transparency of the legislative and budgetary process of the European Union;
- To enable the European Parliament to meet its commitment to the policy of multilingualism, designed to ensure the equal treatment of languages and permitting all citizens of the European Union to communicate with the institutions and have access to the documents of those institutions in their own language;
- To support the Members of the European Parliament and its administration in their multilingual communication with citizens by providing high-quality, modern, multilingual services in text, audio and video and ensuring that content is clear and in all the official languages of the EU;
- To ensure that all these services are supplied as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As member of the ServiceDesk team in the Information Technology and IT Support Unit of the Directorate-General for Translation (DG TRAD), you will have the opportunity to work in a multilingual and multicultural team.
Your main tasks will be to assist and help all our DG TRAD colleagues in their IT daily tasks. Assistance is requested either via e-mail or by phone. You are responsible, as member of the ServiceDesk team, to be constantly available and to answer any call or any e-mail the ServiceDesk could receive. Your task is to answer these requests or incidents in the fastest and most efficient way as possible. You will also record these requests and incidents in the ticketing system. This will give you the opportunity to learn all the different aspects of the translation workflow, to use and test the different translation applications used in the European Parliament, and to improve your IT knowledge in this very special domain.
You will benefit as much as possible from your traineeship.
As a member of the ServiceDesk:
- You have a very good knowledge of English and a good knowledge of French would be an asset;
- You like team-working and communication;
- You have perhaps already some experience with, or are keen to learn how to use, SDL Studio and you are also ready to learn how to use our specific CAT tool;
- You want to learn how to use the EP workflow tools;
- If you are interested in this offer, please submit a motivation letter in English summarizing your educational background and your reasons for applying. The motivation letter should not be longer than 600 words.
Please also submit relevant supporting documents (university diplomas, course transcripts, etc.). The motivation letter and the supporting documents are to be uploaded as a single PDF file.