If you want to gain experience in the field of Human Resources within a large multicultural organization such as the European Parliament, apply to for one of the traineeships in DG PERS!
The Directorate-General for Personnel (DG PERS) is responsible for managing, in the broadest sense of the term, the Human Resources available to the European Parliament's Secretariat to provide Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) with the assistance they need to fulfil their mandate.
More specifically, the DG PERS manages the different categories of staff throughout their career, in the fields, such as:
• Selection, recruitment, reception, training, career development,
• Management of rights and obligations, remuneration, allowances, pension rights,
• Protection and well-being at work,
• Strategies to improve and promote equality and diversity,
• Trainee management,
• Internal communication to the institution.
One of the main challenges in 2019 and 2020 will be related to the welcoming of the new MEPs and staff (including Parliamentary Assistants of MEPs) following the European Parliamentary Elections. A large number of DG PERS traineeships will allow participating in this unique experience.
The Financial Resources Unit of DG Personnel is responsible for the DG financial management (e.g. budget execution, financial closing), the development and management of public procurement procedures and ex-ante and ex-post verification operations on a global budget of 1 billion Euro. Its mission is to ensure the smooth running of financial operations including payment of salaries, to advise and guide operating units in financial and contract matters of the European Parliament.
During your traineeship, you will:
• Contribute to the financial closing for the Financial Resource Unit and the transition to the SAP new financial system,
• Assist to and support the development of planning tools and internal financial reporting,
• Assist to and support the launch and follow up of public procurement procedures,
• Identify and analyse internal and external materials in budgetary matters in order to document and update internal financial procedures and internal controls of the European Parliament.
Apply to our traineeship in the Financial Resources Unit of DG PERS!